My Interview via Wantickets
Adult-film star turned DJ turned model - Jessie Andrews - has captured the hearts of every man, woman and child with her trailblazing sexual ethos and impossibly catchy music productions. She is the quintessential icon of promiscuous liberation and gives chicks everywhere a refreshingly new definition of women’s empowerment. Already a star in the porn industry, she has quickly asserted herself as a force to be reckoned with in a DJ realm dominated by men. It’s difficult not to crush on a girl who looks at every challenge with an innocent smile - betraying her ferocious ambition to take over the world one industry at a time. Read her thoughts below and be sure to catch Jessie Andrews perform in a city near you. Wantickets: Many of us know you as the girl next door - who happens to be well-versed in human anatomy – but what intrigues us most is how America’s favorite adult film star turned DJ seemingly overnight. What drew you to a music career? Jessie Andrews: Growing up in Miami with the underground house scene, I think I was just drawn into it naturally. When I moved to Los Angeles at 19 to shoot, I kind of forgot about how much I loved music and dancing. After meeting some new friends in LA I started going out again and getting back into the music scene and realized how much I wanted to play/make music for people who love it as well. Music makes people feel emotions, happy, sad, confused and I think that’s what I’m here to do whether it’s through music or porn or fashion or photography.
JA: Growing up my dad made me listen to Queen and Bob Marley and my mom made me listen to Sade and Nora Jones.
JA: I definitely am a disco girl at heart! It makes me the happiest. But every time I hear a new song I like, I want to make something like it haha.
JA: I’m a very lucky to be able to do what I’m doing and everything I’ve done. I love everything I do so it’s easy to find time for things you love to do.
JA: I love women. I love empowering women. I love supporting other women. I’m not naive in the sense that I think I’m going to be the only female DJ in the world that is going to try and compete with the men. In my opinion, if we women in the music industry (and life) want to make a difference, it has to be something that we all do together. The Girlfriend Mix series is just the start of what I want to do. It started off with me listening to DJs mix shows with guests on (all men, minimal girl action) and realized there’s never been a mix series with only girl guest DJs, so I wanted to be the first. I wanted to open my fan base to other girl DJs that I really admire or have interest in. It seems to have stirred up some attention in the DJ world, which I’m very happy about! If you haven’t listened to them yet, check them out here!
JA: Duke is lovely, he’d be a good one. All of the UK producers are so talented. Maybe do something with AlunaGeorge, Chase & Status, or Rudimental. I’m working on a few collabs right now that I’m really excited about.
JA: I think DJing might take over at some point, but right now it’s pretty equal.
JA: Fashion, hopefully.
JA: Yes! I already am :)
- mredd48 likes this
- emahlei likes this
- kaptenviking likes this
- elmosnoopz likes this
- chlsgmrr likes this
- heartsmoveoutward likes this
- mr-olive-one likes this
- maddimarie likes this
- arqvac likes this
- laurendaniellea reblogged this from spiritumliberum
- laurendaniellea likes this
- spiritumliberum reblogged this from panduh-monium
- awesome-crazy-wild-inclusive reblogged this from jessieandrews
- awesome-crazy-wild-inclusive likes this
- panduh-monium reblogged this from jessieandrews
- wholelotofsmoke reblogged this from unidentifiedcharacter
- unidentifiedcharacter reblogged this from jessieandrews
- nxphotos likes this
- seraphsoldiers reblogged this from jessieandrews
- seraphsoldiers likes this
- jacknwood69 reblogged this from jessieandrews
- jacknwood69 likes this
- sincerement-moi likes this
- peggysue1995 reblogged this from jessieandrews
- juanjoargazki likes this
- speedy65 likes this
- thegreatescapeofmorgan likes this
- hpcancel reblogged this from jessieandrews
- pakelito likes this
- neoneo6969 likes this
- shannonblacklow reblogged this from stalkingunintended
- let-them-eat-pussy likes this
- pop-rocks-blowjob reblogged this from jessieandrews
- monkeyfire23 likes this
- counting-stars-on-the-ceiling likes this
- starwoodentertainment likes this
- gbdiaz likes this
- bammmmmmmy reblogged this from jessieandrews
- jorge2646 reblogged this from jessieandrews
- jorge2646 likes this
- nobing likes this
- hephestuss likes this
- maevy likes this
- jusqualagarde likes this
- boothbaysblueeyedangel likes this
- calmrose likes this
- takemyphotoplease likes this
- prettylittledarkling likes this
- darcoin likes this
- snickersdoooz likes this